News Headlines

Residents Shelter In Place After Community Pool HazMat Incident

Residents in a Johnstown neighborhood were asked to shelter in their homes after a hazardous material leaked from a storage drum at a community pool on Saturday.  According to the Loveland Reporter Herald, the Loveland Fire Rescue Authority responded to a community pool in the Thompson River Ranch subdivision, just off Interstate 25 and U.S. 34, at about 10:50 a.m.  Firefighters placed the leaking drum into a larger drum to prevent any further leaks and neutralized all the hydrochloric acid that had spilled using baking soda, according to the post.

 

Fire crews neutralize hazardous material at Johnstown pool

Related posts

Runway Widening Project At NoCo Airport To Be Done In Two Phases

KFKA News

Greeley Teen Draws 40 Year Sentence In Deadly Loveland Shooting

KFKA News

Costs Proposed To Rise At UNC

KFKA News