Terry Crews names alleged sexual assaulter: "I will not be shamed"
(NEW YORK) — Terry Crews has publicly named for the first time the high-powered talent agent he claims groped him at an industry party, and says he will “not be shamed” about the alleged assault.
“Back in February 2016, I was assaulted by Adam Venit, who is head of the Motion Picture Department at William Morris Endeavor, one of the biggest agencies in the world,” Crews said Wednesday on ABC’s Good Morning America. “He’s connected to probably everyone I know in the business. I did not know this man. I have never had a conversation with him, ever.”
Venit has represented stars including Adam Sandler, Eddie Murphy, Sylvester Stallone, Diane Keaton, Liam Hemsworth, and Steve Martin.
The Brooklyn Nine-Nine star was with his wife, Rebecca King-Crews, at the party last year when he claims Venit began sticking out his tongue in an “overtly sexual” manner.
“I’m looking like, ‘Is this a joke?’ It was actually so bizarre,” Crews said. “He comes over to me and I stick my hand out and he literally takes his hand and puts it and squeezes my genitals. I jump back like, ‘Hey, hey.’”
Crews claims he then pushed Venit away from him, causing Venit to bump into other partygoers.
“I have never felt more emasculated, more objectified. I was horrified,” Crews said. “It’s so bizarre. I wake up every morning wondering, ‘Did this really happen?'”
“It was an abuse of power. This is abuse,” Crews added. “This is the thing that a lot of people just don’t understand and they end up blaming the victim. And I have totally said — I will not be shamed.”
William Morris Endeavor confirmed to ABC News that, “Adam Venit was suspended following the internal investigation into the matter.”
Crews filed a police report Nov. 8 in connection with the alleged incident.
Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.