Former third overall draft pick Dion Jordan to play first NFL game in three years
(SEATTLE) — Former third overall NFL Draft Pick Dion Jordan is expected to play his first professional football game in three years this week.
Jordan, now a member of the Seattle Seahawks, will be active for the team’s Thursday night matchup with the Arizona Cardinals, head coach Pete Carroll said Wednesday. That transaction will allow Jordan to take the roster spot of offensive lineman Rees Odhiambo, who will go on injured reserve with broken and dislocated fingers.
Jordan started just one game in his first two seasons after being drafted by the Miami Dolphins. He registered three sacks in 26 games, before being suspended for the entire 2015 season for a violation of the league’s substance abuse policy. He was suspended twice in 2014, first for use of performance enhancing substance, then for substance abuse.
The Dolphins released the defensive lineman after he missed all of last year with a knee injury. He then signed a one-year contract with Seattle this April. He had been inactive following an additional knee surgery, but began practicing two weeks ago.
“A lot of guys could lose interest,” Carroll said about his newest player. “He didn’t. He kept battling to get back. That’s a great sign of what he’s put into it.”
Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.
| || |